Thursday, August 11, 2005

 

Zone Change on the Banks

This story could be huge in the long term. The Planning Commission is making a subtle change in the zoning along the riverfront, which will require approval of overall design. I am hoping they are doing this to ensure that the original banks plan is followed, and not to be obstructionists.

I think it's great if they are able to use this power to veto a big box development, but if they end up delaying things because they want to see sandstone brick instead of red, this could be a real hassle. It just makes me nervous I guess.

Comments:
what makes me nervious is the fact that the deal is done and with contractors already selected. Where is the competative bidding process? What about inclusion? Should we trust them to do the right thing? Billions of tax dollars for another Purple bridge.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?