Tuesday, July 19, 2005

 

John Roberts Jr. - Supreme Court Justice?

Will this man be your next Supreme Court Justice:

John Roberts was appointed and the attacks have begun. I still need to read up to form my own opinion, but being just confirmed in 2003, it seems hard to imagine that he'd get held up. Since the previous agreement was for 'extreme cases', I can't imagine someone that was just confirmed to the 2nd highest court 2 years ago would be called an 'extreme' nominee.

I must say, that although I don't think it was mandatory, I was surprised that the candidate was neither a woman nor a minority.

Comments:
While I would have liked to see a woman, I am excited about Roberts. The important thing is to get people on the court to be a judge and not a legislator. I just hope this does not turn out to be a Souter.
I am not for quota's anyway. Lets just get the best.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?