Wednesday, July 06, 2005

 

Blue Ash Arts

I honestly don't know what I think about this. The Arts Association indicates they don't think it would have an impact on the downtown arts venues. But just like I said creating a N. KY 'farmer's market' doesn't make sense when we have treasures in our city like Findlay Market, same applies here. Is there a problem with a Blue Ash arts center? No. I actually think the renderings look pretty good. But I guess I don't understand the city building out an arts venue when there are already an array of amazing venues in the city. The fact of the matter is no one is going to tell someone when they are visiting Florida that they are from 'Blue Ash'. They are going to say I'm from Cincinnati. So why canabalize the city... at some point you are going to kill they city, and then what would Blue Ash be, but a 'Sub-Urb', without the 'Urb'.

But maybe I'm wrong here and the arts center will just bolster the already amazing array of regional arts venues from the Playhouse to Aronoff to CAC to Taft.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?