Saturday, January 22, 2005

 

Football, Football, but no HDTV

I'm a Football nut... the bengals resurgence (does 8-8 two years in a row and no playoffs count as a resurgence?), and fantasy football have taken it to a whole new level for me. I just finished up my first year as a Bengals season ticket holder... is there a better way to spend a Sunday morning than in a parking lot at 9 AM drinking beer, grilling burgers, and playing cornhole?

Anyway, I digress... the reason I am posting is that the playoffs are upon us, and in two weeks we have the most watched television program in the entire world.... whether you like the game, the gambling, or the commercials, everyone is watching. However here in Cincinnati, we'll not be watching on HDTV. The show is on FOX, and while FOX broadcasts in HD, they have no agreement to provide HD content on Time Warner or Insight (in NKY). So, while I don't have HD, I was planning on going to a friends house to catch the game in HD, much to my surprise, the largest television program in world won't be seen this year in HD, unless something changes.

Comments:
The good news is since the rest of the world already has HD, Cincy will have it in a mere 20 years!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?